Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Sharing My Story...In a Slightly Different Way!

I had two opportunities this summer to share my Ebola exposure and evacuation story in somewhat unique (for me) forums. On May 23, I had the opportunity to share about my experience in quarantine at a conference held by the University of Nebraska to discuss aspects of the law that relate to quarantine. From my understanding, judges from all 50 states were present, as well as officials from the federal government and the CDC. My talk was posted to YouTube, so if you want to watch it, go to this link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WjBr0mfxxI 

About a month later, an article came out in Popular Mechanics about the The Airplanes That Rescue Ebola Patients. As I was the most recent evacuee (though thankfully only as a potential rather than actual patient!), I was interviewed for the article, which you can find here:

https://www.popularmechanics.com/flight/a28246718/the-airplanes-that-rescue-ebola-patients/

On an altogether different subject, we arrived back in DRC on August 22. One of the first things the kids wanted to do was to make their own flower gardens with flowers that we brought back from Uganda. Here they are, working hard! Their Nanny Denise is on the left, and Luke's Dutch friend Thijmen is on the right.


No comments:

Post a Comment